Friday, September 22, 2006

License Plate Poker


STRIP #19
I like this one. Maybe I should re-title the strip Crazy Guy Loves Poker. Might be more fitting than +EV.

In other news, I'm going to launch a new comic in the next couple months. It's actually a graphic novel based on the low budget horror film that I hope to direct next summer. I plan to release the pages one by one on a new site, probably on a M/W/F schedule, then publish them as comic books in a six-part mini-series. The comic and the film is called Last Blood. It's about vampires protecting the last surviving humans from zombies so they can drink their blood to stay alive after zombies take over the Earth. I'm currently in the process of getting it copyrighted and registered with the WGA.

UPDATE (9/25/06): WGAw Registration Number: #1157434

Hopefully the mini-series/graphic novel (and the screenplay!) will be completed by around March, and then I plan to use the comics as a helpful tool to raise money for the film, which I'd like to shoot in late May. I might be moving to Los Angeles soon, where I'm originally from, and that could certainly also help in terms of getting a cast and crew together. The movie will mostly be shot in Cresbard, a very small town in South Dakota. My family bought the town's school building after it closed down in 2004 (long story) and that's where I currently live. In Last Blood, the last surviving humans are all holed up together in the school.

I've been wanting to work in the film industry all my life, so it would be amazing if all of this works out and I can actually make this movie. The comic will probably start running online by the end of October, so I hope you all read it and make it a big success!

ANNOUNCEMENT: The first +EV private tournament on PokerStars will take place on the afternoon of Sunday, October 1st! Or at least it will if I hear enough interest from people who want to play in it! Please reply to this thread in the forums if you think you might want to play in a private tourney with me and other +EV readers. Let's get a little community going. It'll be fun. Oh, and there will definitely be a bounty on my head of some real money -- probably twice the buy-in. Post suggestions for the buy-in amount in the thread. I'm thinking $5 would work best for most people, but I could make it less or more, based on popular demand. Also, the winner of the tourney will get a special prize -- perhaps their name being used in the comic in some way.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd totally be willing to drive to South Dakota to be an extra or whatever in that movie. Seriously.

9/22/2006 2:30 PM  
Blogger PenaltyMan said...

Awesome idea. I hope your flick succeeds :-)

9/22/2006 2:50 PM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

To anonymous: That's very cool and we'll definitely need a lot of help, so I'll be taking you up on that if I actually make this film.

Thanks, penaltyman!

9/22/2006 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please dont change the name, +EV is just so cool name for a comic :)

9/27/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Don't worry, I was just joking about a name change!

9/27/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home