Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Favorite Germans


STRIP #18
Corbin apparently hates Germans, but that's just because he doesn't know that they're exactly like him! This is a callback to the very first strip.

I want to make it clear that I have nothing against Germans, although it looks like Corbin does. My guess is that German players are always beating him at the tables, so that's probably why. A +EV reader gave me the translation for today's comic, so I'm not 100 percent sure on its accuracy. As I said in an earlier post, a large percentage of +EV readers are from Germany, so I hope they see the humor of this strip and aren't offended. The point of today's comic was that poker players are the same everywhere, no matter if you're in Detroit or Hamburg!

10 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

LOL.

9/20/2006 4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bedtime story" time in the USA is not "bedtime story" time in Germany.

9/20/2006 6:27 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Oh, really? My mistake, then. Maybe that particular German family does things a bit differently than most Germans.

9/20/2006 7:25 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

I just realized what you meant (I've been up for a million hours and my brain isn't working well). Yeah, the time difference, of course. Well maybe one of the little girls was sick in bed or something like that. Yeah, that's the ticket. Scarlett's got the flu and Violet's reading a medical book in the first two panels.

9/20/2006 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The point of today's comic was that poker players are the same everywhere, no matter if you're in Detroit or Hamburg!"

You certainly made that clear by also showing the German family in typical everyday clothing. ;)

9/20/2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Ha, of course! The real point of today's comic was just to have funny looking German clothes in it. I admit it.

9/20/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good one, but we don't wear those clothes... never ever... :)

9/22/2006 1:25 AM  
Blogger PenaltyMan said...

Nice sendoff to the first +EV strip. :-)

9/22/2006 1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm from Germany, and although the translation is slightly off, it's still damn funny.
+EV is Excellent stuff

9/27/2006 7:01 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Thanks, tabsey! And yeah, the translation looked off to me, too, but I got it from a German "+EV" reader. I guess I should have just went with the translation I got from the Babelfish web site.

9/28/2006 3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home