Monday, September 04, 2006

Top Pair No Good?


STRIP #11
Eh, I don't like today's strip. I've had the basic idea of the first three panels for the past few weeks and just couldn't think of a funny enough character or joke to appear in the doorway to end it. This is the best I came up with. Well, I thought of some super crazy ones that I somehow found humorous, but they were way too insane to actually use. For example, they open the door and some crazy guy already has his gun drawn and shoots Violet and/or Scarlett in the head, prompting Corbin to scream a Vader-like "NOOOOOOOO!"

I went deep-ish in a $100+9 tourney on PokerStars last night, but once again couldn't make a significant score. Finished 26th out of 338 for about $250. It was similar to the $25K tourney on Ultimate Bet that I led for the first couple hours last week.

I had some amazing stats in the Donk2Shark tourney that I won Thursday night. Check this out --

223 HANDS

Total hands that I lost at showdown: 0
Total hands that I won at showdown: 4 (including 3 of the last 5 hands)
First hand that I won at showdown: 200th hand of tournament, well into heads up play, which means --
Total hands that I showed down before it got to heads up play: 0
Total bets on the river that I called: 0
Flops seen: 36 (16%)
Hands won: 60 (27%)
Hands won pre-flop or on the flop: 52
Number of players that I busted: 1, to win it heads up

And the really cool thing is that I was completely card dead the whole tournament and still had those stats. PokerXFactor has an amazing hand replayer where you can upload your hand histories and see tons of cool stats, including one called PUFF (pre-flop unadjusted fortune factor), which rates how good your hole cards were on a scale of 0-100, with 50 being average. My PUFF was 4 for this tournament, which is the worst PUFF I've ever had, and yet it's the first MTT win that I've uploaded.

You can watch the whole tourney here, but I think you have to sign up for a free PXF account first.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what if the round orange dog had been at the door? That would have been something.

9/04/2006 1:46 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

That was the best option, really, but I think I'll wait until the third year to bring in Pupkin!

9/04/2006 2:01 PM  
Blogger PenaltyMan said...

You're too hard on yourself, Bobby. I thought it was funny at the end. Well done as always :)

9/04/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger lethalphorce said...

I thought this one was pretty good. Got a chuckle out of me.

9/05/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Hey, I'm glad you guys like it. And I doubt the sexy lady will make another appearance, but you never know! She does live very close to them. Also, if you want to see a really sexy lady, make sure you check out Friday's strip. I haven't seen the art yet, but it should be good.

9/05/2006 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home