Thursday, August 24, 2006

Bust Me in Tonight's Donk2Shark Tourney!

donk2shark
A buddy of mine at the PokerXFactor forums has started a weekly tournament at PokerStars called Donk2Shark and it's open for everyone to join. They had 23 players last Thursday and they're hoping to top that tonight. Here's how to find it --

PokerStars --> Tourney --> Private --> August 24, 21:00 EST (9:00 PM EST) donk2shark 6 (or just look up tourney #30348110)

Password: bloomer13

It's a $10+1 buy-in and you can find more details here. If you're new to PokerStars and are having trouble finding the private tournament, click on the image below to see where it is --
donk2shark1
As an added bonus, if you play in this tournament because of reading about it here at +EV, and if you knock me out (I play under the name Snagglefood on PokerStars), I'll give you your buy-in of $11 back.

I also plan to start some private tournaments for readers of +EV soon. Anyone interested?

UPDATE: 40 players entered the Donk2Shark tourney tonight and I went out 26th. I also played in the Ultimate Bet $25K Guarantee again tonight and I just got crippled on this hand. Just can't win a race deep in tourneys lately (or ever!). I tripled up right after that, though, and now while writing this I just went out on this annoying beat. Might have had a chance still if I won that. Finished 63rd out of 239, top 30 paid. Sad.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Pup! you're the best!

8/24/2006 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fire it up Pup.... just don't have it on the same night as donk2shark!

8/24/2006 4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey snaggle, i had the misfortune of bumping you from the donk2shark 6 tourney today :D

empear

8/24/2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

No problem, empear -- I rarely make a play like that, but at the time I was caring a lot more about the $109 buy-in tourney I was in and I decided to just throw 'em in and hope you had 44 or KQ or were just on a total steal. Had eight outs on the river, though!

8/24/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Guin said...

Tough hands to go out on. I find with JJ in a tournament it isn't worth it to race with.

Call the raise and then push any non AK board. I realize that you wanted to take it down preflop but against most players who will end up in a coinflip race. Or worse yet you might be facing a larger pair.

You will see me at next weeks event as Mungo36

8/25/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

I wasn't wanting to race -- there was a very good chance he'd fold, since he was raising then folding to re-raises all night, and there was a decent chance he had a smaller pocket pair. I also didn't want to call off almost 20 percent of my stack and then see a flop with an over or two. If we both had deeper stacks, like say over 7K instead of under 5K, I would have definitely just called, but I was too short stacked to flat call with JJ in that situation.

8/25/2006 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home