Friday, August 18, 2006

Thanks, Bax


STRIP #4
The inspiration for today's strip comes from Cliff "JohnnyBax" Josephy, the #1 ranked online poker player and a teacher at PokerXFactor. He often screams "Fwaatchaaaa!" when he sends in all his chips during his training videos and it's become a popular catch phrase on the PXF forums, so I just had to find a way to use it in the strip. I'm not sure if Bax screams to "relieve tension," but apparently Corbin has found multiple uses for the wild man yell.

Ultimate Bet is my favorite site to play on (love the software), but it has its problems and another one happened last night. Shortly after I finished second in the Omaha tournament that I talked about in my previous post, everything went buggy and it wouldn't let anyone log into their accounts for a while, saying "invalid password." UB's customer support pretty much always gets the job done right eventually, but they're really slow, and things like this should never happen in the first place. This has been going on for a long time and I doubt things will change unless they get new management.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/18/2006 2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home