Thursday, August 17, 2006

Not Another Second

OK, this one was just torture. I won't bore you with the whole story, but this is like the eighth or ninth Omaha tournament I've ever played, first place $692, second $425, and this was the first (and last) hand of heads up play . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------
crackercadd is eliminated.

Hand #34354511-89 at Thu320pmA-Final (Pot Limit tournament Omaha)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 17/Aug/06 19:30:14

crackercadd is at seat 2 with 0 (sitting out).
Pupkin is at seat 3 with 178030.
sarahjane is at seat 4 with 256970.
The button is at seat 3.

Pupkin posts the small blind of 4000.
sarahjane posts the big blind of 8000.

Pupkin: Ah 5h Ad 4c
sarahjane: -- -- -- --

Pre-flop:

Pupkin raises to 24000. sarahjane re-raises to 72000.
Pupkin goes all-in for 178030. sarahjane calls.

Tournament all-in showdown -- players show:

Pupkin shows Ah 5h Ad 4c.
sarahjane shows Ts 5s Jd Jc.

Flop (board: 7c 8s 9d):

(no action in this round)

Turn (board: 7c 8s 9d Kd):

(no action in this round)

River (board: 7c 8s 9d Kd 6s):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

Pupkin has 5h 4c 7c 8s 6s: straight, eight high.
sarahjane has Ts Jd 7c 8s 9d: straight, jack high.

Hand #34354511-89 Summary:

No rake is taken for this hand.
sarahjane wins 356060 with straight, jack high.
----------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who might not be well versed in poker and reading hand histories, I had aces against her jacks and she flopped the nuts. I am sad. Really thought this was gonna end the year long drought without a win. It's my second runner-up finish in about 60 hours, too, both ending in bad beats.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about torture. You could consider just calling the re-raise and seeing a flop. You are only the 66% favorite here. That's great, but not a lock by any means.

/joe

8/23/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Oh, I know -- certainly nothing's a "lock" in Omaha pre-flop, but it's more torture because I haven't won a tournament in a year and I've now had I think five second place finishes in the past six weeks and here I had a perfect opportunity to cripple my opponent on the first hand of heads up play and breeze to victory, so it just sucked for me. Also, look at that flop. I would have rather she spiked a jack, but nope, with AA I'm drawing almost DEAD after that flop (dead to runners for a full house). Felt like torture to me!

8/24/2006 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home