Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Corbin Can't Count


STRIP #12
Apparently Corbin used to be a mathematician, but I'm not sure if I trust everything Scarlett says. She might just be out to make a quick buck. Kimmy's the name of the little red-haired girl, by the way, and if I was her I wouldn't pay up, since there could clearly be some collusion going on. I also don't think I'd ride in a car driven by someone who can't count to 20. My current thinking is that Scarlett is six years old and in first grade, if anyone cares.

Two more hours of World Series of Poker Main Event coverage aired tonight (Tuesday) on ESPN. It somehow slipped my mind and I missed the first 38 minutes, but I'll see it all soon. Annie Duke was at the featured table for the first hour and she hit a big two-outer on the river to stay alive, which I remember reading about on Cardplayer shortly after it happened last month. Cool to see all this stuff now. A lot of people on the Pocket Fives forum were criticizing Annie Duke tonight, but I've always liked her and she's a solid player from what I've seen. I really enjoyed her book, too. She's always friendly when she plays on Ultimate Bet and I think she deserves some respect just for having to put up with spending a lot of time with Phil Hellmuth!

"High Stakes Poker" on the Game Show Network has been great this season, especially the last few episodes, with Daniel Negreanu losing two huge hands to quads among the highlights. He's gotten cold decked in the worst way on that show. Airs Monday nights at 9 p.m. and I think there's just two more episodes this season.

I highly recommend coming back for Friday's strip if you're a fan of Violet.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

You can thank Tiger Claw for the blue car -- wasn't scripted! I think it looks cool.

9/06/2006 2:43 PM  
Blogger PenaltyMan said...

Cute strip :)
The ending is the cutest with the two little gals - one dollar please :D

Thanks for the smile as always :-)

9/06/2006 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home