Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Five Figures Only


STRIP #15
I like this one. Pocketfives is a great site with the most respected rankings for online players. They rank the top 75, so Corbin just barely slipped in there at #73. It's a prestigious honor to be ranked and some players seem to care more about their ranking than how much money they win. I don't think Corbin's quite that crazy about it, but it must be a nice feeling of accomplishment when you first make the list.

#1 on that list is Cliff "JohnnyBax" Josephy, and he, along with Eric "Sheets" Haber (#9 on P5s), is going to be calling me a donkey soon in a PokerXFactor video. Every month PXF holds a members only tournament and the final table gets its own video, with all hole cards shown and commentary by Bax and Sheets. I finished fourth Monday night and I made a few really stupid plays (mostly from being too tight), so I don't look forward to hearing what they say about me.

I made my first video with Camtasia while playing in that tourney, and here's a four minute highlight reel (36 MB) from the final table. If anyone actually watches this, please ignore the parts where I sound incredibly stupid, especially the moment when I say "Oh thank you!" in the gayest way ever.

You can also watch my PXF animated hand history from that tourney, where I had some cool stats, most notably seeing just 32 flops but winning 55 hands. (You'll have to sign up for a free PXF account to watch it, and you should know that I sat out the first 24 hands.)

I've noticed that a very high percentage of my readers are coming from Europe, especially Germany. There have been posts about +EV in at least 20 different European poker forums, far outnumbering those in America. I don't know what they like so much about it, but I hope you all stay a while!

I'd also like to give a shout out to the folks at Poker Knights, who said some nice things about +EV in their forum.

Friday's strip reveals where Corbin and family live, so make sure to come back for that exciting info! (They live in Detroit.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I had my first four-figure cash a month ago and I woke my wife up at 2:30 a.m. She was ok with it but told me not to do it again. Great work!

9/13/2006 8:54 AM  
Blogger PenaltyMan said...

Hehe, poor Corbis, never gets any respect from the wifey for his poker accomplishments :D

Definitely a cute strip, thanks :D

9/13/2006 1:30 PM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

Thanks, guys. And Chris, I checked out your blog -- congratulations on winning that tourney and beating a huge field!

9/13/2006 8:40 PM  
Blogger slb159 said...

gl at the D2S tonight...I'm in

9/14/2006 5:55 PM  
Blogger Bobby Crosby said...

And I'm out after three hands! First one out, just like last week. Oh well, that's what I get for winning two weeks ago.

9/14/2006 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home