Monday, October 09, 2006

Corbin Lives


STRIP #26
I'm glad Corbin survived the lightning strike. If he didn't, I'd probably have to make the strip all about Scarlett becoming a top poker player, which would be slow and boring. Violet would just be constantly frowning at her in the background. Or I could have switched the focus to Harold, I guess, and his amazing life in Vegas. I miss Harold -- he'll have to return one day.

We had a lot of fun in the second weekly +EV private tournament yesterday. It was the first time that SurfChix had played Omaha, but she knocked me out for the $11 bounty and ended up finishing second to nico1a! Third place went to Aiiaiiyo, the nice lady who translates +EV into Hungarian on this site.

By the way, for any of you who aren't sure, online poker has NOT been banned. Corbin only saw a newspaper headline about it and I'm sure Violet doesn't know much more than that. The new law does not make it illegal to play poker online and many lawyers think that it doesn't really change anything and is unenforceable. For more info, read this article. One of the biggest poker sites, Full Tilt, recently announced that they're here to stay. I haven't played too much on Full Tilt, but I really like their software (lightning fast) and I'll be playing there a lot more from now on. It's really fun to watch the pros play high stakes cash games on Full Tilt, like Phil Ivey and Mike Matusow especially. They even talk to the rail sometimes, which is really cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Violet is quite a shade of scarlet (Clever pun not so much intended) in that last panel. I'm beginning to wish I'd been at that party...

10/09/2006 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home