Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hellmuth Wins #11

STRIP #132
Congratulations to Phil Hellmuth for winning his 11th World Series of Poker bracelet on Monday. I'm a huge fan of Hellmuth's game and often defend him on forums, but I agree with everyone else that he's a big jerk. It's incredible what he's done in the past couple years at the WSOP with these huge fields, and I'd really like to see him final table the Main Event, since that would make the ESPN coverage extremely enjoyable. I want to make it clear that I do not think that Hellmuth has ever cheated in poker, but I just thought it would be funny if Harold and Clancy were chip dumping to him. Only thing I could think of at the time that would involve Hellmuth and some of our characters in an interesting way, other than putting Harold or Clancy at the final table with him, like have Hellmuth beat one of them heads up, but I didn't want to do that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

BOO!!

Although he apologized, some of us can't move on from his mean (and false) comments about the adorable (former youngest bracelet winner) Gavin Griffin at the 2004 Pot Limit Championship. Not that I hold a grudge or anything...

:)

6/14/2007 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home