Monday, March 26, 2007

ILOVEJOJO

STRIP #98
Insanity.

Had a fun +EV tourney yesterday, with FastFourier busting me for the bounty and alpendog winning the event and the comic book that goes along with it! This was alpendog's third +EV win, which certainly calls for an interview . . .

BOBBY: Tell me a little about yourself.

alpendog: I reside in Portland, Oregon, but am originally from Northern Virginia. I don't work for Nike but they pay my bills. Besides poker, I enjoy non-mathematical particle physics stuff and natural light photography (no flash or filters). Since I just landed a job with a commercial graphics company I should soon have high-quality prints available for sale when I build a website (shameless self-promotion).

BOBBY: When did you start playing poker and what's your greatest accomplishment so far in the game?

alpendog: I began playing poker on a regular basis during the 2003 WSOP telecasts. Several years of freerolls and play-chip grinding ensued. And while being a play-chip multi-millionaire and having won a few real money MTTs is nice, my greatest accomplishment is having built my bankroll to a point where I can rail Bax and sheets and Annette_15.

BOBBY: What's your favorite +EV comic?

alpendog: I would have to say the one where Scarlet bets her schoolmate that Corbin can't count to 20. That or the "How to play QQ on the flop?" license plate, definitely something I would do.

BOBBY: This is your third time winning the +EV tourney. No one else even has two wins. How have you been able to so thoroughly dominate your competition?

alpendog: Well, it's a combination of factors that go into any tourney win. One is to play sickeningly tight at points while at others mind-bogglingly LAG. Then I have to consider who has half my action for the day. For example, the Kings Union (subset of the Teamsters) had my action today, therefore I sucked out twice with a King heads up to win. As a bonus I will be posting today's HH on PXF.

BOBBY: Anything else you'd like to tell the fans?

alpendog: In all +EV tourneys there is a turducken bounty in effect. Pocket ducks are nice, but when a third shows up on the board, well, 3 layers of poultry are just marvelous, just like a turducken. Which, in case anyone is wondering, is a chicken stuffed in a duck, which is then stuffed in a turkey. So if anyone busts out of the +EV weekly with a turducken (set of deuces) I will ship $5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home